Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Morgan Wallen says he hasn’t visited a bar in a year since chair-throwing incident

Morgan Wallen has said he hasn’t visited a bar in over a year since he was arrested for throwing a chair off a rooftop bar.

The country singer spoke about the incident on This Past Weekend podcast, which occurred in April last year. Wallen was charged with three counts of reckless endangerment and one count of disorderly conduct; per an arrest report, the chair landed just feet away from police officers who happened to be standing in front of Chief’s bar on Broadway, Nashville.

In December, he pled guilty to two misdemeanours for reckless endangerment without a weapon and was ordered to spend a week in a DUI education center and to serve a suspended sentence of two years of supervised probation. Wallen subsequently apologised, writing: “I’m not proud of my behaviour, and I accept responsibility.”

Now, Wallen has said he hasn’t visited a bar since, saying: “It’s definitely the best thing for me, you know. I ain’t been in a bar since the last time I was in a bar that everybody knows about. The most public time I was in a bar, that’s the last time I was in a bar.

Morgan Wallen. Credit: Derek White/Penske Media via Getty Images

“I think anyone who was to deal with that, it’s not ideal,” he added. “You know, it’s not ideal to go everywhere, and even if you don’t get bothered, you were on edge the whole time because you thought you might.

“It’s like, there’s just things that you don’t do. You just don’t do them anymore.”

The star recently attracted controversy for abruptly walking off Saturday Night Live. The singer was the musical guest on March 29, and was shown taking his leave off-camera after only greeting guest host Mikey Madison goodbye.

Shortly after, Wallen – who is based in Nashville, Tennessee – posted an Instagram Story with a picture of his private jet and a caption that read “Get me to God’s country”.

Longtime cast member Kenan Thompson commented on the exit, remarking: “I thought maybe he had to go to the potty or something” and adding: “I don’t know what goes through people’s minds when they decide to do stuff like that”.

Wallen has since made merchandise of his SNL walkoff. 

It’s the latest in a long list of controversies for the singer, including 2021 footage of him using a racial slur surfaced online, causing him to be dropped by a number of radio stations as well as his record label, Big Loud. Despite this, sales for his album ‘Dangerous’ surged, and Wallen maintained the Number One spot on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart for a record-breaking ten weeks. Wallen said he was “embarrassed and sorry” by his actions, and asked fans not to defend him.

In other news, in October the musician donated $500,000 to the American Red Cross as a way to support the relief effort in Hurricane Helene’s wake.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

News

Veteran American pop and country singer Johnny Tillotson has died, aged 86. Tillotson’s passing was announced by his wife Nancy Tillotson on social media...

News

Kenan Thompson has commented on Morgan Wallen‘s abrupt Saturday Night Live (SNL) exit. Last Saturday (March 29), country singer Wallen appeared as the show’s musical...

News

Morgan Wallen was seen abruptly walking off Saturday Night Live before the end of the show – and viewers took notice. The country singer...

News

Morgan Wallen performed ‘I’m The Problem’ and ‘Just In Case’ on Saturday Night Live last night (March 39). Check it out below. This weekend’s...