Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Megan Thee Stallion quits ‘Moulin Rouge’ early after hospitalisation and break-up

Megan Thee Stallion quits ‘Moulin Rouge’ early after hospitalisation and break-up

Megan Thee Stallion has prematurely ended her time in the cast of Moulin Rouge following a brief period in hospital and a split from her partner.

The rapper has been portraying Zidler in the production and was expected to stay in the role for an eight-week run. The slot marked her Broadway debut, and she is also the first female to take on that particular role, with it being previously billed as Harold Zidler.

Now, she has announced that she will be departing the cast earlier than expected, and her final performance as the owner of the Moulin Rouge will be taking place on Friday (May 1).

She was first slated to stay in the production until May 17, however this was thrown into question when she was hospitalised at the start of the month.

The rapper was taken to hospital after falling “very ill” during a performance of the musical in New York and later revealed to fans that the illness was brought on by exhaustion and by over-extending herself.

“Last night was a real wake-up call for me,” she said at the time. “I’ve been pushing myself past my limits lately, running on empty, and my body finally said enough. It honestly scared me. I thought I was gonna faint on stage, I really tried to push through my performance but I just couldn’t.”

Having since returned to the musical, Megan has continued her time in the role of Zidler, but announced recently that she needs to leave ahead of her scheduled final show on May 17.

“It’s been such an honour to be part of thee Moulin Rouge family and I’ve met so many amazing people in this theatre!” she wrote in a statement posted to Instagram.

“Y’all work so hard and I have so much respect for the dedication, the stamina, the work ethic, the time and the effort y’all put into the work! I’m so grateful for the cast and crew that made this experience so meaningful. And to all the Hotties that showed up or planned to attend, thank you for supporting me during this incredible journey! I LOVE YALL. See you soon.”

It is not yet clear who will be replacing her in the production.

Aside from the medical scare earlier this month – which a rep of Megan’s told Rolling Stone was diagnosed as “extreme exhaustion, dehydration, vasoconstriction and low metabolic levels” – the singer has also had a very public split from her partner.

She announced her breakup from NBA star Klay Thompson on Instagram Stories, accusing him of “cheating” and having “HORRIBLE mood swings”.

“Holding you down through all your HORRIBLE mood swings and treatment towards me during your basketball season, now you don’t know if you can be ‘monogamous’? Bitch I need a REAL break after this one,” she claimed.

Since then, she has shared a statement with People officially confirming the split. “I’ve made the decision to end my relationship with Klay,” she told the outlet. “Trust, fidelity and respect are non-negotiable for me in a relationship, and when those values are compromised, there’s no real path forward. I’m taking this time to prioritise myself and move ahead with peace and clarity.”

The rapper’s latest album was ‘Megan: Act II’, which arrived in 2024 and earned a five-star review from NME. Since then, she has shared two singles in 2025, ‘Whenever’ and ‘Lover Girl’, and also revealed that she was underway with “completing act three” of her albums, which is expected to drop later this year.

More recently, though, she teamed up with Nickelback for an insane new Cheetos advert.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

News

Drake surprised fans by releasing three albums last week, but ‘Iceman’ has not disappointed with its list of high-profile diss tracks. The Canadian rap...

Album Reviews

By now, the events of May 2024 have hardened into rap mythology. As the story goes, someone close to Drake leaked “Family Matters” to...

News

Drake has broken streaming records for 2026 with the release of his three new albums, ‘Iceman’, ‘Habibti’ and ‘Maid Of Honour’. The Canadian rap star had only...

News

The Donald Trump administration has shared an edited version of Drake’s ‘Iceman’ cover, immediately drawing backlash. READ MORE: Drake and Kendrick Lamar’s feud: the full...